Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1st Day Gift for Teacher

I try to send my son with a gift for his teacher on the first day of school.  Here is what I came up with for this year:

"Hope this year gets off to the write foot!"
a basket filled with writing utensils that teachers need




Polkadot Mechanical Pencils--Target Dollar Spot
Individual Sharpies in fun colors--Walgreens sale, .37 each
Individual highlighters blue and green--Walgreens sale, .17 each
Multipack Highlighters--Walgreens sale, usually $3 or $4, got for .50!
Sharpie 2pack-- Not sure where I got them, under $1.
Dry Erase markers--not sure, under $2
Blue and white polka dot box--Dollar Tree or Target's Dollar Spot

Die Cut Shoe Shape--my friend did it using her Cricut and I paid her a dollar.  It survived nearly a week before someone drew an extra line on it.  The night before school started.  WHO DREW ON MY SHOE!? Gah.  Well whatever.  It's the teacher's perfect introduction to US.  :)



What about you?  Do you send a gift to the teacher on the first day?  I hope my son's teacher enjoys the little gift and feels encouraged and confident that she has parents this year who care!  

--shared at Tots and Me's back to school linky, Tutus & TeaParties, the Mommy Mess, and A Little Knick Knack




10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a back to school gift for your sons teacher. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I want to go get the polka dot mechanical pencils for myself!
    2. Would you please post how to add cool words and arrows on photos?! I wanna do that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice of you. :-) My kids are still babies, so no school yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do for your sons teacher. By the time we get done shopping for all the school supplies required here, sending in a gift never enters my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love the shoe note!! So thoughtful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the BTSBash linky :)

    This is such a cute idea! We always do gifts at the end of the school year, but it didn't occur to me to send one on the 1st day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet and thoughtful idea! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat idea! Those are all things teachers need! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I've never sent a first day gift to a teacher, but now I'm feeling kind of like I should have :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a BTS gift for the teachers! I had never thought of that before! Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)